The initial plan is to have "Ginataang Kalabasa and Sitaw" for today. But since we have other veggies in the fridge, I decided to add them to the dish (thus the new dish name, "Veggies in Coconut Milk". :D)... talking about not being confined to the usual... 😉 😉
- Clean and prepare all the vegetables.
- Extract coconut milk from the shredded coconut. We used the first extract only in this dish.
- Heat coconut oil in pan, fry turmeric until the color of the oil turned yellow but don't brown the turmeric.
- Remove turmeric from the pan.
- In the same pan, saute onion and garlic. Cook until onions become translucent.
- Add squash, sweet potatoes and potatoes.
- Add coconut milk
- Turn heat to low. Cover and cook the veggies until they are half-cooked
- Add in sitaw and baguio beans. Simmer again for few minutes until sitaw are tender
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add veggie paste and chili paste.
- Turn off heat.
- Enjoy. This can also be served with chili paste on the side